Any “junk room” resolutions? My name’s Courage and since 2012 and I’ve operated a mind-blowingly unique personal business helping dozens of households as a Professional Organizer!
After a free in-person consultation to evaluate the space and our potential working relationship, I use my reality-show-worthy talent to turn any junk room or storage space into an orderly beautiful living space again usually in a single day and help you create new effective organization systems along the way. I have more references than you can shake a dust-pan at!
For just the 2023 new year season, I’m re-offering my services to my people who need rescuing from the clutter and years of accidental hoarding. (No judgement, promise!) Below I have a VERY detailed breakdown where I explain my entire process and how my rates work. I’ve been doing this for a VERY long time and would love to hit the reset button on a literal area of you life! Thank you!
What’s my story?
Some people have skills while others have talents, while fewer still have reality-show-worthy hidden talents that would wow anyone: professional organizing is mine. Growing up, I suffered from a very intense type of OCD perfectionism: not only did I need a system and a place for everything, but my spaces needed to have a tidy aesthetic theme that all tied and flowed together.
Feeling like it was a curse I later learned to harness and control it and turned it into a gift: I became insanely good at turning even the most cluttered, unapproachable and stress-inducing junk rooms into beautiful, open and organized spaces in a quarter of the time it would take an average person. You will meet very few people with my gift.
In time, I realized that this wasn’t just a skill I could use, there was a business in it. Without a doubt, I’ve more than earned the title of a “professional organizer.”
THE METHOD (a.m.s.c.o.)
My process over the years has developed into this:
- STEP 1 – ASSESS. I will assess the junk space and see how much it is trash, salvageable or of value. Then I’ll see what kind of organizing apparatuses, containers and structures we have to work with and then assess how much stuff we’re actually dealing with. This is also when I will give you an official estimate for how long the job will take; it’s actually spooky how good I am at this. This is also what will determine the cost of the job. (Note: If I feel the space may be too dangerous or risky to my health, I may turn down the job until I feel the space is one that I could safely work in.)
- STEP 2 – MAP. I will then draft some ideas for a basic floor plan that you may like based on what kind of functions you want the room to have. For example: Do you want a corner you can read in? Do you want a library of books that’s easily accessible? How much do you want on the walls, on the floor or in the way of walkways and windows, etc? (Notice: Very rarely will we know what a space’s full array of functions and accessibilities will be until I’ve categorized the majority of items in the room.)
- STEP 3 – SORT. This is where I shine. I will then go through all the items in your space (which I can do very quickly on my own) and categorize everything. Everything has a category all those categories are interrelated by use, priority and size. (Note: However, with this step, I usually give everyone the same warning: sometimes this step will make the room look much worse for a period of time (like piles of stuff everywhere) until this step and the next are completed.)
- STEP 4 – CLEAN. Once everything has been categorized, I will now be able to move major structures around into our basic floor plan and clean those structures, the floors and furniture to ready them for the final step! (Note: Most of the time, spaces will be so full that I will be unable to clear the items completely from the space while doing this but I’ve become very good at doing Step 3-5 all at the same time!)
- STEP 5 – ORGANIZE. This is the fun part! As the final step, I will take all your items as I have categorized them and use all your structures to find accessible, clever, out-the-way, easily found and/or well-stored places for all of them in the space. This is when you will see your space come to life (and my eye for aesthetics, balance and interior design!)
Organizing is really that simple (or not.) Once I know what all you want to keep, how it should be categorized, what structures you have and how I can cleverly consolidate space, create accessibility and establish flow in your area–I can tackle almost any disaster area and transform it into space that is unrecognizable. (Note: I usually do not throw away anything because even a small piece of paper can be important. Unless it’s a soggy mess, I will keep all the random debris in a box that we can look through together at the end and decide what to toss and what to keep.!)
The jobs I take in this work have so many factors and can differ drastically from one job to the next. I’ve done everything from post-apocalyptic garages, to huge office spaces with multiple work spaces, backyard sheds, closets and even front yard gardens. Sometimes, a large space is a much easier job than a small space, other times a garage is easier to organize than an office, or visa versa. The devil really is in the details when it comes to organizing.
For this reason, the cost of my services can also vary a lot depending on the job we’re talking about. But generally speaking there are two options, pay by the hour or pay by the job depending on whether the job is large and imposing or detailed oriented. Roughly speaking, most jobs average to about $30-40 by the hour or $100 to $1000. However, we will always agree on how much a job will be (or roughly how long it will be) before I begin! Even if my rates sound intimidating, don’t worry, I will work with you, all depending on how many jobs I have at any given time.
If interested, I’d be more than happy to discuss the job and evaluate pictures for free but I STRONGLY prefer to evaluate the job in person (which is also free!) Just contact me using the form below and I’ll follow up with an initial response and a request for pictures (videos are best!) I look forward to working with you! PLENTY of references available.
READ MY TESTIMONIALS BELOW IN THE COMMENTS!
4 thoughts on “PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZER FOR HIRE”
Write your testimonial here and tell everyone what kind of job I did for you and how it impacted your life! Add a first or full name at the end if you feel comfortable! -Courage
Courage’s organization skills saved me so much time in preparation of moving my 3 bedroom house. He helped me organize things into moving boxes, go through the items of my home I wanted to donate. I’d recommend him for any home or business organization job again. -JayBezz
I would highly recommend Courage for any organizing project that you may have. He has magically transformed my home office, closet, garage and main office space into an organized haven for the past five years. he is quick, efficient and is totally easy going with a beautiful sense of esthetics!!
everything he touches ends up being beautifully and superbly organized. don’t hesitate to use Courage for any organizing projects you may have. -Alex Guar
When Courage came to work on organizing he had an immediate grasp of what would work well for my needs because he was very good at listening and seeing what I needed. He easily sketched an ingenious schematic which had many creative solutions for me to add to. He then implemented his plan and it was a lot easier for me to function after having his transforming services; it was amazing to have someone help who is so good at seeing solutions so readily. – Julie Baalas